Friday, June 17, 2005

 

Earthquake Felt in Southern CA

So after arriving in California six weeks ago I feel my first Earthquake. I was sitting at a desk in Hollywood, CA just before 2pm on Thursday June 16, 2005 when I felt the ground shake a little bit. At first I thought it was a big truck going by then I heard somebody say "earthquake" and realized that is what it was. People who were walking down the hall did not feel it though. I was sitting and it kind of felt like a small wave went under the chair. It was a 4.9 earthquake centered just outside of Yucaipa, CA. You can read a news article about it by clicking HERE and see where Yucaipa is located click HERE. I also found some interesting information about how to protect yourself during an earthquake, click HERE to check it out.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?